Monday, August 17, 2020

I Think the Wall Is Trying to Tell Me Something

My family and I are currently on vacation. We're not on a Disney cruise, although I kind of wish we were.   I still can't believe cruises are canceled until November.  Since we aren’t on a cruise, we're renting a beach house in North Carolina. When we arrived at the house, I noticed that there were signal flags on the wallpaper in one of the bathrooms, and being the DCLKid, of course I had to find out what they said.

Using the key, can you translate the flags? You can click on the images to make them larger.





From left to right, these flags spell the alphabet! They spell "WXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZNOPQRSTUV". At first I just assumed the flags were just random letters, so it's cool that they're in an order that makes sense. But since when has N been after Z?  And why does it start with W?  Hmm, it must be a beach thing. 

If you want to decode more signal flag messages, here's where I made the shocking discovery that the flags represent letters and here's a collection of the signal flags I found on the Disney Fantasy and
Castaway Cay.  If my family’s cruise on the Fantasy in January doesn’t get canceled, then I’ll continue the search for more signal flags!

No comments:

Post a Comment